1.6.09

What's really real?

Looking at this ridiculous pic, you may wonder "what the hell?" Its a pic I took on the train I took, but its off the window. The reflection is of my phone and some seats and out the window are a couple lights.

The picture itself isn't important, but the meaning behind it is. At this point in my life, the expression "nothing is as it seems" is more meaningful to me than what's actually been said to me in a while. People may appear to us as one thing, but when they look in the mirror, they don't even see their true selves. Isn't that crazy?

Basically, I can see myself without a mirror, but only parts of my self. I can never look myself in the face physically in realtime, only a reflection of who I appear to be or who I want to be.

This brings me to my question: Who do I want to be me? I mean, I know I want to be me, as unique, different and inspirational as possible, but who do I want to be?

Perception is everything; in the eyes of the beholder; the difference between what you and I see; key.

To sum it all up I'm seen differently by most, some see me as unique, some see me as funny, some see me as shady, some see me as real.

Do I ever want to be seen with a general definition? No. If everyone thought the exact same things about me, that means my personality lacks variety and makes me feel boring.

Wait.

What am I talking about again?

No comments: